Blake G. Goldfarb
Blake G. Goldfarb is a personal injury lawyer at Harris Keenan & Goldfarb. He earned his B.S. at the University of Florida, where he graduated summa cum laude in 2007. He earned his J.D. at New York Law School, where he was the Managing Editor for the Media Law & Policy Journal. He received the Professor Robert Rosenthal Award for Excellence in New York Practice and graduated with high honors in 2010.
Growing up, Mr. Goldfarb wasn’t interested in practicing law. People encouraged him to become a doctor, but after realizing he didn’t like chemistry and biology, he changed his career path. He started working at Harris Keenan & Goldfarb in the summer of 2010, one day after taking the bar exam.
Mr. Goldfarb eats, sleeps, and breathes personal injury law. He loves what he does and can’t imagine doing anything else with his life.
Among Mr. Goldfarb’s many accomplishments, Super Lawyers named him a Rising Star every year from 2015 to 2022. His jury verdicts and settlements appear annually in the Top Personal Injury Verdicts published by VerdictSearch and TopVerdict. He is also a member of the New York County Lawyers Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Before turning 24 and within three years of being admitted to the bar, Mr. Goldfarb successfully briefed and won three cases before the New York Court of Appeals. Additionally, he briefed and argued over 50 appeals before the appellate courts in New York, helping to shape the future of personal injury law.
Mr. Goldfarb spends his free time with his beautiful wife, Allison, and their two adorable children, Liv and Jordan. He is also an avid sports enthusiast and cyclist.
- Personal Injury
- Appellate Advocacy
- Municipal Liability
- Premises Liability
- Labor Construction Law
- Product Liability
- Police Abuse
- New York Law School, J.D., Dean’s List 2010
- University of Florida, B.S., Journalism, 2007, summa cum laude, Valedictorian, 2007
- Media Law & Policy Journal, Managing Editor
- Professor Robert R. Rosenthal Award for Excellence, New York Practice
- 2011, New York State
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2012
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
Representative Reported Cases
- Cividanes v. City of New York, 957 N.Y.S.2d 685 (2012), aff’d 940 N.Y.S.2d 619 (1st Dep’t 2012)
- Cole v. Homes for the Homeless Inst., Inc., 93 A.D.3d 593 (1st Dep’t 2012)
- Carver v. P.J. Carney’s, 103 A.D.3d 436 (1st Dep’t 2011)
- Peralta v. City of New York, 92 A.D.3d 554 (1st Dep’t 2012)
- Pilgrim v. Wilson Flat, Inc., 110 A.D.3d 973 (2d Dep’t 2013)
- Perry v. New York City Hous. Auth., 116 A.D.3d 511 (1st Dep’t 2014)
- Brito v. Stratford Five Realty, LLC, 2014 NY Slip Op 04126 (1st Dep’t 2014)
- Holmes v. Business Relocation Servs., Inc., 25 N.Y.3d 955 (2015), aff’d 117 A.D.3d 468 (1st Dep’t 2014)
- Hawthorne-King v. New York City Hous. Auth., 2015 NY Slip Op 04247 (1st Dep’t 2015)
- Fine v. One Bryant Park, LLC, 84 A.D.3d 436 (1st Dept. 2011)
- Johnson v. City of New York, 89 A.D.3d 583 (1st Dept. 2011)
- Thomas v. New York City Hous. Auth., 132 A.D.3d 432 (1st Dept. 2015)
- Oddo v. Queens Village Committee for Mental Health, 21 N.Y.S.3d 53 (1st Dept. 2015)
- Cruz v. Bronx Lebanon Hosp. Ctr., 129 A.D.3d 631 (1st Dept. 2015), aff’d 27 N.Y.3d 925 (2016)
- Grullon v. Queens Ballpark Co., LLC, 139 A.D.3d 427 (1st Dept. 2016)
- Matter of Duncan v. City of New York, 144 A.D.3d 1030 (2d. Dept. 2016)
- Brown v. Nocella, 149 A.D.3d 470 (1st Dept. 2017)
- Sanchez v. New York City Tr. Auth., 151 A.D.3d 564 (1st Dept. 2017)
- Rosado v. Mendon Truck Rentals, Inc., 151 A.D.3d 652 (1st Dept. 2017)
- Shepherd v. T.I.A. of N.Y., Inc., 153 A.D.3d 959 (2d Dept. 2017)
- Eastman v. Nash, 153 A.D.3d 1323 (2d Dept. 2017)
- Knight v. Barsch, 154 A.D.3d 834 (2d Dept. 2017)
- Moscione v. QPII-43-23 Ithaca St. LLC, 2017 NY Slip Op 08610 (1st Dept. 2017)
Awards and Honors
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2015-2017
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Multi-million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Top Trial Lawyers in America
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
How Can We Help?
Book an Appointment
"*" indicates required fields